This is one of my favorite tradisional foods. People in Banjar, South Borneo, call it as “Yellow Rice with Red Cook”, because the rice is yellow and the cook is red. Yellow rice usually eaten for breakfast. And of course this is my breakfast menu! J
Alright, in this post, my mom has participated to write this. Of course, because she is a great cook! If you want to cook it, you can read her suggestion to cook it. J
How to cook yellow rice:
1. Provide 1.5 liters of coconut water. Put a little turmenic into a coconut milk and cook until boiling.
2. Wash 1 liter of rice and then insert it into the coconut milk that has been boiled. Enter 5 pandan leaves and 1 tablespoon salt.
3. After cooking, then steamed back to the rice for 20 minutes.
How to cook “Red Cook” :
1. Take 50 grams of dried red pepper, then remove seeds and stems. Marinate for 2-3 hours.
2. Blend or mash at 75 grams onions, garlic 20 grams, and a little ginger. Give a little shrimp paste if desired. Give as much as 200 ml of water.
3. Squeeze a little tamarind and enter into a spice that has been refined.
4. 50 ml cooking oil, then stir ingredients that have been given 0.5 tablespoons of salt.
5. Enter the 50 grams of brown sugar, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 2 pieces of cinnamon.
6. Enter the 12 hard-boiled eggs that have been pared down to it, then cook until done. Enter the soy sauce if desired.